The helpful information to the tourist about Kazakhstan
- Freedom of movement and choice of residence
- Customs Declaration
- Migrational Card to the passport
- The list of data of the owner and motor vehicle necessary for customs bodies at entrance to RK
- The obligation about import of a vehicle
- Diplomatic Missions
- Travelling in Kazakhstan
- Police, Registration, Crime, Security, Radio activity
- Post, Internet, Telephone, Electricity
- Hunting and Fishing
- Driving, Car travel, Accommodation, Camping
- Hello and Goodbye, Romance, Hygiene, Maps, Media
- Dining, Alcohol, Toasting, Tipping
- Currency and Credit Cards, Bank, Holidays
- Almaty Shopping Tour
- Restaurants and night clubs Almaty
- Phrase book - English, Kazakh, Russian
Freedom of movement in Kazakhstan and choice of residence
Unless an area is restricted, foreign citizens enjoy the freedom of movement within Kazakhstan.
The following areas are regarded as restricted:
1. Gvardeysky Settlement in Zhambylsky region
2. Rossavel Settlement located on the border beetween Almaty and Zhambylsky regions
3. Kurzhabasy railway track situated 10 km from Otar train station
4. Bokeyordinsky and Zhangalinsky districts of Western Kazakhstan region
5. Town of Priozersk, Gulshad Settlement of Karaganda region
6. Town of Baikonur
7. Karmakshinsky and Kazalinsky districts id Kzyl-Orda region
8.All strategically restricted and classified areas
9. Border zones with the People's Republic of China
Crossing the State Border in Accordance with the law
(List of Road Border Control Checkpoints of the Republic of Kazakhstan" approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, dated Dec 3, 2001)
It is important to bear in mind that certain road border control checkpoints are open for border crossing by citizens of any country (multilateral), whereas some checkpoints are open for border crossing by citizens of neihbouring country only (bilateral).
Below is the list of road border control check points where citizens of all countries are allowed to enter or leave Kazakhstan.
- on the border with China: Khorgos, Dostyk, Kolzhat, Bakhty, Maykapchagay
- on the border with Russia : Kotyaevka, Tashala, Pogodayevo, Aksay, Alimbetovka, Zhaisan, Kayrak, Akbalshyk, Zhana Zhol, Karakoga, Urlitobe, Sulu Agash, Kosak, Sharbakty, Auyl, Ube Zhezkent, Bostal
- on the border with Kyrgyzia: Aisha Bibi, Novovoskresenovka, Korday, Kegen, Karasu
- on the border with Uzbekistan: Tazhen, Bozoy, Zhibek Zholy, G.Muratbayeva, Shardara, Kaplanbek
- on the border with Turkmenistan: Temirbaba
If foreign citizen infringed the laws of Kazakhstan
Foreign citizens are liable for infringements in connection with their sojourn in Kazakhstan, for instance: non-compliance with registration requirements, breach of rules pertaining to freedom of movement, choice of residence, transit, staying in Kazakhstan upon expiration of visa. Offenders are subject to administrative liability, including payment of fines and/or possible deportation from Kazakhstan.
Only a court of law can impose the sanctions of administrative penalties and /or deportation.
All foreign citizens are required to carry identification documents on their person or copies there of while in Kazakhstan
We ask you to take into your account above information.